Join Our Team
Interested in becoming a member of our team? If you are an energetic and dedicated individual who values diversity, economic justice, and the ability to improve the quality of life for those with lower incomes, we invite you to apply to join our exceptional team.
Quin Rivers is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse work force. Quin Rivers is an equal opportunity employer. We provide excellent training, support services, and employee benefits. Learn how you can start making a difference today!
Currently Open Positions
Housing Services Counselor
The Quin Rivers, Inc. Community Action Agency is seeking a highly qualified Housing Services Counselor to perform intermediate skilled administrative support duties to include:
- Providing pre- and post-purchase housing counseling;
- Assisting clients with household budgeting and financial planning;
- Assistance in developing personal action plans;
- Providing guidance on managing household resources efficiently;
- Developing and maintaining client files and records;
- Initiating and submitting grant reports, and performing related grant management functions as required or assigned.
The potential candidate should possess a general working knowledge of housing and financial counseling, industry best practices, and a thorough knowledge of the following attributes:
- Principles and practices of loan origination and administration;
- Experience with loan origination and rehabilitation programs;
- Knowledge of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) handbooks;
- Familiarity with other related HUD housing counseling publications and regulations;
- Experience in grant report writing is desired.
Potential candidates must possess at least an Associate or Technical degree, and possess moderate experience in real estate principals, mortgage lending, housing counseling, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate must obtain Foreclosure Prevention, HECM/HUD, and pre-purchase certification within six months of hire, and must hold a valid driver’s license in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Preferential consideration will be given to applicants who possess a thorough knowledge of housing services and related applications, to include: HMIS, GMS, and Counselor Max.
Duties are performed under the supervision of the Executive Director.
Interested individuals should visit the Quin Rivers website at www.quinrivers.org and complete an online employment application. The employment application along with a cover letter and resume should be emailed to Dr. Jack O. Lanier, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in one of the above positions (or just generally interested in joining our team), please download and complete our employment application. All applications should be submitted to email@example.com or mailed to:
Quin Rivers, Inc.
P.O. Box 208
12025 Courthouse Circle, Suite 300
New Kent, VA 23124